Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Insurgent Week of 9/15 - 9/19

Pages: 150 out of 525
Prompt:
Describe what was either believable or unbelievable about your reading.
Defend your opinion.
                                            Introduction to Insurgent
         This book has surprised because it's less suspenseful than the first book Divergent mostly because this book acts like the planning stage for the next book in the series. It begins where the last book left off Tris and her friends are traveling on a train heading to Amity headquarters. They escaped safely from the clutches of Erudite and Dauntless who were trying to control the minds of many faction leaders. They arrive to learn that many Abgneation members have been for days after the attack in downtown Chicago. Tris meets the calm and peaceful leader Johanna who has created safe home for the Abgneation and a bit of people who are in Candor.  The other main character Tobias worries that Amity might betray them with Dauntless for money and power. Tris feels like she should destroy the disk containing some of the information involving the simulation that the antagonist Jeannie created. She is stuck making decision because the disk shows the last moments of her parents.

                           Is it Believable or Unbelievable?

    I feel like this book can be both because it does take place in a realistic place but it's also unbelievable due to the book having to do with a utopian society. The part that makes it believable is that it describes real life landmarks in Chicago, like Navy Pier and the Loop. They analyze every part of Chicago to make it believable by describing that the loop is the way of transportation for many faction members. I would also describe the book as unbelievable because almost every person in Chicago is in some sort of faction and each faction has it's own way of life. When I started reading this book it was unbelievable when Candor tried a truth liquid on Tris and Tobias. There is no way that a person could speak out their darkest secrets just by drinking some random liquid that has some sort of magic. In my opinion I feel like the factions Candor and Erudite are the ones who have to deal more with magic/futuristic items. My opinion is two parted between Dauntless because they are believable but at the same time unbelievable.

                      Are Dauntless and Amity both Believable?

     I described before that Candor is a bit fake the reason that they both have to do with magical liquids and a "conflict room" which is like a time out room. The part that made me change my mind was when I read about the way of life in the Amity faction and how it can change our way of treating the environment in present time. I found it interesting that Amity members care so much about the environment by planting trees almost every day of the year. The long line of fruit trees create a sort of peaceful mood because it's something that it unbelievable but could be believable if we take action right now. The grounds of Amity are filled with colorful flowers and the leader Johanna tries to grows  everything that is available in Chicago. When I read Dauntless it was a bit believable because it reminded me of the military bases we have here in the United States. The way of life in this faction is to fight and protect their base as much as they can.


                 


















This is the symbol of Amity showing that it is peaceful and dedicated to preserving the environment in Chicago. My complete opinion about this book in the beginning was that it was fake but after reading how life works in Amity it changed my previous opinion. I felt like the life here was a bit unbelievable but it can be made real if we take action right now. The idea of the Amity faction being in Insurgent is to teach the reader how life could be a wonderful place if we preserve tree life and plant life here in Chicago.


This week I will comment on Leanna, Athziry, and Nikolas. 

3 comments:

  1. Which faction do you thing you'd be in? I like the way you describe the book. It makes me want to give the series a second try because I gave up after reading this book. I'm not sure, the story kind of dragged for me when I read it. Really cool blog though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog this week! When did you read the first book? I like how you explained if two of the factions were believable. I never got into these types of books, but it sounds interesting. I agree with you on how it would be believable, but it takes place in a utopian society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not actually read these books. I had only saw the movie because my sister got me into it. I do have to say that it would be amazing if somebody could drink a liquid to tell the truth, but that is not possible. Out of every place, the author chose Chicago. I mean at least I was impressed. I never read thought of Dauntless as a military bases until I read your blog. I mean yes, they protect the country, but you do not actually interact with them. For the most part, they do protect. Overall amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete