Monday, May 18, 2015

Final Reflection

Prompt:

1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?

2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?




Three Most Important Details, Lesson for Life, and Nicest Thing

  I think that the three most important topics we learned were the importance of having a voice/to make a change around the world. I would say that the runner up would be learning in depth about the Holocaust and how it still has a physical/emotional impact on different people. In my opinion the third most important skill we learned throughout these past two years is being able to annotate to the fullest and which helps us understand the text to a higher level for my future. I feel that the butterfly project will stick with me for the rest of my life because it was unique to our classroom a true representation of Mrs. Larson's class room. We are lucky to have done this project not everyone around the world is able to do such a marvelous project like the butterfly representation of the Holocaust. We were able to bring out the artistic side of our personality and it will truly leave a mark for the rest of my life. I think that the nicest thing someone in our class did for me this year was when a group of people accepted me into their group for a vocabulary skit. I was quite surprised due to the reason I usually wasn't picked to be in anyone's vocabulary skit, sot I felt special/unique in my own life.


                         What did I teach Mrs. Larson, Biggest Improvement, and Challenging Part

   I didn't specifically teach my teacher anything from the regular literature studies/language arts class but I did teach her something in my passion project. I taught her more about my culture and numerous cultures around the world. I was able to give her insight in different parts within Mexico and was able to give her a brief lesson on the traditional Mexican culture and cultures around the world. I feel that I improved a lot in my writing from simple little improvements such as run-on sentences to writing a formal argumentative essay with having an almost exceeds grade. When we looked back at our blogs from 7th grade I could easily tell that I did not write with fluency or even with proper grammar. I was able to improve not only my fluency/grammar but also incorporating higher level vocabulary in blogs along with a paper. If I had to look back at my grades I am extremely proud of getting higher than a B on my argumentative essay because honestly I thought I was going to do terrible with Blackfish/SeaWorld. There have been many challenging parts within this year but I feel that the butterfly project was a bit over the edge than a paper. I found it shocking that I received an A+ on my project which made my day and also taught me that I should have a bit more faith in my schoolwork.


                                The Best Piece of Writing, My Favorite Book, and Advice



  Although writing has never been a major skill in my life I feel that I have improved in my text structure not only in Lit/ELA but also in another class within my schedule everyday. I would say that my TKAM Thematic Paper was my best piece of writing even if I had to make a little change to my original essay but at least I received a 95%. In my opinion I feel like it was the best due to the reason that I added a lot of challenging words, more quotes, and being able to make only one mistake on the Works Cited page. I didn’t read as much as last year but I would say that my favorite book was a surprising yet funny novel called Schooled by Gordon Korman. I enjoyed this book so much because it discusses how we must appreciate a person for who they are instead of “judging a book by its cover.” I would recommend that students next year try their best instead of complaining about how much work because they never know what we learn can be extremely beneficial for people in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment