Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tuesdays with Morrie Week of 4/20-4/24

Prompt: What are your initial reactions to what you have read in Tuesdays with Morrie thus far? One of the main themes developing in Tuesdays with Morrie is not to take your life for granted. Based on this premise, what is on your Bucketlist?

 

   I truly enjoy Tuesdays with Morrie and the life-lessons provided in this novel can lift the spirits of people who are suffering numerous diseases throughout the nation. My major reaction is that Morrie is a brave soldier that is able to face his fate. I find marvelous that he is willing to express love in every minute that he still has on this planet even in his current state alongside his friend Mitch. In my lifetime reading books I think Morrie is the only person who is not afraid of death it sort of compares to another novel called Embraced by the Light. I myself think that Morrie is a true hero a person who enjoys making others improve their lives through lessons that can have deep impact in someone's future like his fellow student Mitch Albom. This character's behavior and personality sort of compares to Guido. It's ironic how even Morrie and Guido both provide humor even in the last moments of their lives in "Life is Beautiful". My overall feeling is that it will have a major impact in the reader and the life-lesson will truly affect Mitch Albom.


   In life I went to hopefully graduate high school, but my main goal is to get a bachelor's degrees in any university. I want to get in any of my favorite universities including UIC, the University of Virginia, Le Cordon Bleu, or any religious school. In my bucket list the number one thing is to make a positive impact in the world, but with kindness we can change the way of society like Morrie. I haven't specifically decided what my career is going to be in which I have narrowed it down to being a priest, lawyer, or chef. I think my next big major thing to do in life is to skydive it lets a person feel like a bird or even a butterfly similar to the children of the Holocaust. This next goal will connect to my previous goal which is to make a positive impact on the world. I want to travel every country of the world and befriend numerous people like the famous traveler Matt. I myself have been sort of scared of heights, but I really want to bungie-jump in the future. In lent season I tried to stop drinking sugary drinks like soda, but it only worked out for a month. I will attempt using my bucket list.


  I think the last couple of goals in my list relates to food, literature, and movie  my three favorite things in the world. I want to read fifty books in one year adding on more to our forty book challenge. My food goal relates to vegetables to be specific green foods like kale. This will challenge me to eat different vegetables which can not only help me in learning, but also physically. I heard about this fruit called dragon fruit and I hear this fruit tastes fantastic especially in Cambodia. There are some that are sold in supermarkets, but a dragon fruit is better in a foreign country. I came up with this goal from Mr. Larson who told me about his trip in the beginning of the school year. In a nutrition book I heard about something called a rainbow which is a combination of fruits in every color, I'm interested in the color purple. I learned last year that a new Star Wars movie will be coming out and my goal is to watch on the premiere date.  My last major goal is to be a wonderful uncle.



This quote sort of represents my idea towards achieving the goals within the bucket list. I think a person wants to look back at his/her life in a positive way because we must "make sure it's worth watching." When researching for a quote I learned that Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson made a film entitled "Bucket List". I think that watching this movie will be the next goal added to my own bucket list. This film might have a huge impact on people's lives such as Mitch Albom and Morrie.


This week I will comment on Gabe, Jenna, and Nadrian's Blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment