Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Glass Summer Blog 3rd

Pages: 681 out 681
Prompt: What advice would you give to the main character of the story?

                 So Far in Glass

   I was surprised when I read the other half of this book because I imagined that Kristina would improve her life but she just made her life more terrible. She is no longer buying drugs from Robyn she decided to purchase the drug from a Mexican crime lord who kills people that don't pay him back. Kristina figures that she'll just borrow money from her mom. The bad news comes to her later in the afternoon that Kristina's mom kicks her out of the house but her mom will still keep Hunter. She has nowhere to go after Trey has left to finish his college career. She just decides to rent a room in the house of Trey's cousin a person who also does the same drug. He feels that by letting Kristina in to his house, his daughters can have a motherly figure which can heal their pain of not having a mother. This is not the bad part of the book yet Kristina decides to go back home just for dinner which eventually just leads to her calling her mother a bunch of bad words and taking Hunter.



                    Serious Advice for Kristina/Bree

    I feel like Kristina needs to make something out of her life instead of throwing it away by consuming deadly drugs. The first piece of advice I would give Kristina is to spend more time with her son Hunter by the end of the book 1 year old Hunter doesn't even recognize her. I mentioned in my summary that she takes Hunter without the permission of her mother, but this mother and son bonding is just torture. Kristina decides to buy an apartment and live like a normal family with Hunter and Trey. This is no ordinary family in fact they should even consider the name family. While Kristina is doing her drug a chair falls on Hunter causing him to bleed and suffer. Later in the afternoon Trey comes back home drunk yelling at Kristina for bringing the baby and all sorts of nonsense. The next piece of advice I would give to Kristina would be to just make her mom the legal guardian of Hunter in order for him to grow up like a normal child. I would also to Kristina to reflect on how the monster has destroyed her family.


                The Monster is Invading Kristina

  The two pieces of advice I mentioned in my previous paragraph had to deal a lot with family and the early years of motherhood. I think that the next advice I'm about to offer can seriously change Kristina's life by making her better person in both attitude and physical appearance. I would definitely advice Kristina to give up the drug in order to save her from the Mexican cartel. I mentioned before that Cesar the leader of the cartel gets rid anyone who doesn't pay him back. In fact I would take Kristina myself to drug addiction place or a therapist to help her with her addiction. The next piece of advice I would tell Kristina is to get a job in order for her to pay back her loans. In the beginning of the book she had a job in a 7-11 across the corner but she quit due to the behavior of her manager. The last advice I can give to Kristina is to put family before her relationship with Trey. She dumped her family during Christmas and Thanksgiving just to see her boyfriend Trey. At the end of the book Trey dumps Kristina and well they end up in jail. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Abdiel, I see that you want a good head start into summer! Good Blog, I liked how well you described both the plot and the characters feelings well.

    ReplyDelete